Arrows beat Royal AM in thrilling Durban derby

Towards the end, Royal AM went through some nerve-wracking moments, but they managed to get past the Golden Arrows and reach the quarter-finals of the Nedbank Cup.

ALSO READ: Vilakazi ready to help Sekuhuna make a name for himself

The Durban derby turned into a real fight in which both sides gave their all.

However, it was Royal AM who took the 3-1 victory, which qualified them for the quarter-finals.

Royal AM’s first real chance came in the 10th minute when Menzy Masuku was knocked down just outside the Arrows box. The referee gave a free kick.

Ruzaigh Gamildien took a set piece, but his curling attempt went wide. Siyabonga Mbatha, however, also hoped that this would be covered up.

Royal AM was awarded a penalty in the 28th minute when Mbata fouled Sean Mogail. He parried his shot, but sent the ball into the path of Mogaila with his fist.

Both players required medical attention after the collision, leaving Mbata in a worse position. However, after a few minutes, he was able to continue.

However, he was unable to deflect a shot from Ricardo Nascimento as Royal AM took the lead. He sent Mbatu down the wrong path.

Mbat had to be removed after 10 minutes as he was unable to continue. His place was taken by Nkosingifil Gumede.

Royal AM also made a forced substitution in the first half when Masuku suffered a hamstring problem. His place was taken by Levi Mashian.

The Arrows came closest to equalizing in the 54th minute when they were awarded a free kick right outside the Royal AM penalty area. Xolani Ngkobo made a great save and recaptured Knox Mutizwa.

Good game from both Arrows and Royal AM

Arrow’s penalty appeal after Velemseni Ndwandwe fell in the box was not heard in the 71st minute.

Later, the Arrows tried to equalize but were never able to find the balls they needed in the final third.

The introduction of Ndumiso Sibia and Reena Moon seemed to help a little, but they failed to bury the few moments they created.

In the first minute of added time, Mutizva knocked the Royal AM goalkeeper out of his penalty area and ran towards the goal.

He passed to an oncoming Ndwandwe, but the pass was too heavy and the latter blew it up.

Mutizwa finally got it right in the last minute of the game, completing a good attacking move for the Arrows.

ALSO READ: Pressure eased on Truter as Sekhukhune beat Spurs in Ke Yon

But in extra time for Arrow, everything collapsed. Royal AM made an inspirational substitution with Sedwin George.

He made an almost instant impact when he helped Mashiana twice to give Royal AM a 3-1 win.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *